16 ft 61 aluminum Crestliner with slight modifications

heyyou325

Chief Petty Officer
Not sure where this should be posted, haven't been a member long, and didn't lurk much before that. Not really refurbished, it's not original, but it is a Crestliner. I bought an old Crestliner about 14 years ago, no idea of model. Over the years I changed a few things and fixed a lot. Don't have the early pics, it used to be maroon (called red on the registration) and white. Real ugly. Tightened rivets, sealed seams and transom, repainted it, added an oooga horn, replaced the windshield (it wasn't there, but you could tell it should have been, + I knew it used to be), replaced the soft and rotted marine plywood flooring with red cedar, replaced the cable and pully steering with new (can't think of the name now). And probably a few other things. 100_0761.JPG100_0777.JPG100_0907.JPG These are what it looked like.
Then I got tired of the sun beating down on my head, or rain, and wind, and put on a cabin that will tilt up from the back. Recessed windshield to keep rain off, repainted it again (problem that still needs to be resolved, automotive paint and mixed wrong), Replaced outboards (still used tho) and by then I had a lot of fishing stuff on it. Oh I also added headlights, but they're not on these pics. Tongue extension on trailer with an 8 inch wide walking platform on the tongue with grit on it. Had to haul my camper. Then it looked something like these.100_2365.JPG100_2364.JPG I guess I can't upload the other pics now, maybe later. It has only taken me 14 years so far with this. I never even wondered what model it was til I got on this site.
Almost every time I take it out I get people over to my campsite, on the dock, or even coming up to it in the water and commenting on it. The only bad comment was that it was too old which I thought was a good thing. It might get some time off on changing things. I now have a 74 Starcraft runabout jet to fix up and modify.