Selling Boat Tampa Bay Area

DC20

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well I don't have anything else to fix on my Larson bowrider and it's all clean and shiny. I think I want to move on to a center console.
Can anyone here recommend a place to consign my boat in the St. Petersburg /Clearwater area? I know there are lots of places just seeing if anyone here has any recommendation. Thanks.

pine island fred

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Selling Boat Tampa Bay Area

If your area is anything like the CAPE CORAL- FT. MYERS area, you have a lot of company. What use to be new boat dealers are now consignment lots and they are chocked full like car dealers. Dont know the stories behind them but suspect a lot are repoes. Just a suggestion, consider trying to sell it yourself and you can knock off the 10% consignment you would be paying to make it more affordable for the buyer. Private buyer can also bend the rules on sales tax where a dealer can not. Good luck. regards FRED

gstanton

Chief Petty Officer

We got our Sea Ray from Bayway Marine at Maximo Moorings. Just went by there today and they are loaded! I don't know if the dealer at Tierra Verde High and Dry is still there or not - the Hi & Dry is in the financial hopper.

DC20

Petty Officer 1st Class

All the boats I have had before were under 10k. This is a more expensive boat so I was thinking some people might be more comfortable dealing with a dealership and some can help with financing as well. Bayway's web site does not have many boats listed... But Marine America is near them and they sell new Larson's, they charge 3k but I wonder if I would have better luck with them because they are a dealership?
I looked at a boat once at Tierra Verde High & Dry, it had termites! There web site does not seam to load, maybe they are gone...