Noob question. Spark plug boot

Jay_m

Recruit
Hey guys

Just got new coil but not sure how to go about fitting spark plug boot?

Anyone give me a quick idea?

Looks like this

4062a5c3.jpg

rickryder

Commander
Re: Noob question. Spark plug boot

Slide the boot on the wire then install the plug clip by pressing it through the wire with pliers.... then slide the boot over the clip... you might need to help the clip along while pushing it back into the boot. I use an unsharpened pencil so not to rip the boot. Hope that helps.

James R

Commander

Nah. Fit the coil wire end by pressing the sharp point through the wire making sure that the point goes through the center so as to make good contact on the wire inside the insulation. Butt the end of the wire and insulation up against the coiled wire before pressing the sharp point through. With that done spray some WD40 on the narrow end of the boot and slide it over the coiled wire connector. Make sure that the coil is oriented correctly in the boot for the plug the fit. Easy.

rickryder

Commander

Nah. Fit the coil wire end by pressing the sharp point through the wire making sure that the point goes through the center so as to make good contact on the wire inside the insulation. Butt the end of the wire and insulation up against the coiled wire before pressing the sharp point through. With that done spray some WD40 on the narrow end of the boot and slide it over the coiled wire connector. Make sure that the coil is oriented correctly in the boot for the plug the fit. Easy.

2 ways to skin a cat.....

Jay_m

Recruit

Thanks guys! Was just how I thought but thought I would double check

Cheers
Jay

lindy46

Captain

Also, trim the insulation about 1/4 inch back, so center wire actually touches the coil portion of the pin assembly. Makes for better contact.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Agree with Lindy. Done that for years.