Engine/ lower unit ID?

G

How do I tell just what kind I have when there are no forms of ID anywhere on either engine or lower unit? Is there a tell tail shape it is made in? My boat is a 1987 Doral Tara the engine is a 6 cyl. Chev. othere then that I don't have a clue :redface:

ziggy

Admiral
Re: Engine/ lower unit ID?

How do I tell just what kind I have when there are no forms of ID anywhere on either engine or lower unit?
put up a pic. someone will know what it is... w/o any form of id anywhere, we don't have anything to go on either... a doral and 6 cyl. isn't enough...

G

I will try and get some pics this afternoon if the weather holds out!

Howard Sterndrive

Rear Admiral

the only 6 cylinder put in a 87 Doral was a 4.3 Chevrolet V6. Just need to determine if it's Mercruiser Alpha 1 or OMC Cobra outdrive.

G

I went out today and sprayed some cleaner on the engine and out drive. They are OMC with lower unit a cobra :mad: I wanted Merc as I am more familiar with it. Oh well guess I can't win them all. MAN I JUST WANTED TO WIN ONE AT LEAST!!!! :facepalm:
Thanks for all the help guys.

Bondo

Staff member

I went out today and sprayed some cleaner on the engine and out drive. They are OMC with lower unit a cobra :mad: I wanted Merc as I am more familiar with it. Oh well guess I can't win them all. MAN I JUST WANTED TO WIN ONE AT LEAST!!!! :facepalm:
Thanks for all the help guys.

Ayuh,... It could be Worse,...

2 years older, 'n it'd been a Stringer drive....