help with trailer set up

vincedv

Seaman Apprentice
can anyone tell me if the keel rollers are suppose to be on a tilt like mine is or should they be straight across. they dont look right to me but what do i know . any heip would be great
downsized_0216111608.jpg

0216111607.jpg

Attachments

• 0216111607.jpg
    0216111607.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 0
  • downsized_0216111608.jpg
    downsized_0216111608.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 0

dockwrecker

Lieutenant
Re: help!!!

Uhh...NO! Keel rollers should be centered and level. They should support a minimal amount of weight with most of the weight bearing upon the bunks. (Here we go again, another roller vs. bunk thread) Get the boat on the bunks (after you replace the bunks and rollers, yours are junk. BTW where the 'ell are they?) and adjust the keel rollers up to contact.

Bondo

Staff member

Nope,... Can't says I've ever seen a wagon set up like that 1 before,...

But,... Of more concern is the hull blocked up in the background....
That's a Death Trap, just waitin' to happen....
Cement blocks have Absolutely NO strength when stacked on their sides like that....

dockwrecker

Lieutenant

Nope,... Can't says I've ever seen a wagon set up like that 1 before,...

But,... Of more concern is the hull blocked up in the background....
That's a Death Trap, just waitin' to happen....
Cement blocks have Absolutely NO strength when stacked on their sides like that....

Good Lord just saw the blocks! :eek::eek::eek: Bad! CMU block ain't worth squat on it's side for load bearing, don't get under that thing! :facepalm:

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I think the hull is supported by the board and the jack. Not as dangerous as the cinder blocks but still really bad.

jmeny

Seaman

well at least you have the u-bolts and bunk brackets...if they're not shot then replacing the bunk boards should be a quick/cheap fix. And you can level the rollers easy enough but they should be centered too-I can't figure out why the rollers would ever have been installed off-center like that, never seen that before...

vincedv

Seaman Apprentice

thanks for the info and the look out . thats not my boat in the in pic. i just bought the trailer. and yes i do have new bunk boards to put on. so what your saying is to install the new bunks then put the boat on the trailer then adjust the keel rollers? so the roller should be centered and straight and just touching the bottom of the boat right?

DuckHunterJon

Lieutenant Junior Grade

thanks for the info and the look out . thats not my boat in the in pic. i just bought the trailer. and yes i do have new bunk boards to put on. so what your saying is to install the new bunks then put the boat on the trailer then adjust the keel rollers? so the roller should be centered and straight and just touching the bottom of the boat right?

Correct, centered and leveled.