Craigslist ad... ineresting

H20Rat

Vice Admiral
Re: Craigslist ad... ineresting

Its not technically a bilge pump, that goes to an onboard water system. Most likely it is for a livewell or maybe a homemade washdown system. Pontoons with livewells use the same setup with a bilge pump just resting in the water.

**edit, yep, livewell. You can see the big tank with the gray hose mounted right on the swim platform. The thing on the other side is a temporary transom for a kicker/trolling motor mount, so obviously the guy was a fairly avid fisherman, with the completely wrong boat.

81 beachcomber

Petty Officer 2nd Class

ya i just noticed that after posting this, thought nobody could be that dumb, but you never know

ajgraz

Lieutenant Commander

...obviously the guy was a fairly avid fisherman, with the completely wrong boat.

Ah now, if it floats, you can fish off it!

Dunno if the boat's worth $2k, but $300 for that galvanized trailer sounds pretty good!

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander

You never know how he aquired the boat. He may have gotten it for nothing and used some ingenuity to make it fit his needs. It looks like a decent set-up to me. Minus the livewell tank, it could be utilized as a raw water wash down. I'm not sure if the boat is worth the money he is asking for it, that depends upon the condition of the engine, drive, and hull.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

Could be he had the boat for awhile, spent his weekends on it and then discovered fishing, Who knows? People these days are never shy to turn whatever they own into their own personal castle. That setup looks pretty good compared to some of the redneck engineering going on these days.

I can say redneck engineer too as I may be the king so shatup!!:D