High rise exhuast manifolds

drem312

Petty Officer 1st Class
Im going to replace my old OMC log style manifold and was going to get the High Rise style that are advertised that these replace the ones I have and are more efficient. I have a 350 5.7 gm motor with the cobra sterndrive pump only,,, no inside raw water pump,, has anyone used this style? will the sterndrive pump only get the water up and out these things?

Bondo

Staff member
Re: High rise exhuast manifolds

Im going to replace my old OMC log style manifold and was going to get the High Rise style that are advertised that these replace the ones I have and are more efficient. I have a 350 5.7 gm motor with the cobra sterndrive pump only,,, no inside raw water pump,, has anyone used this style? will the sterndrive pump only get the water up and out these things?

Ayuh,... What are you calling High Rise,..??

If you mean Center riser manifolds,... Yes, they'll work just fine...
You'll need the Kit though, as you'll need different elbows for the exhaust, 'n probably a T-stat housing, due to different plumbing...

drem312

Petty Officer 1st Class

these things... I didnt know i needed to change the thermo housing,,, what would I use then Im going to stick with the raw water cooling set up

Attachments

• manifolds.jpg
    manifolds.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 0

Joshua Nichols

Lieutenant

Glm:eek: I looked at some GLM... No one on here will recommend them.. I asked...
Seems they are made in china and made like crap of course..

I needed up buying osco manifolds for my rig. They ARE REALLY built well.. Even I was impressed and I hate everything till it proves it's self.. They are also made in the USA. Do what ya think is right but I think I had something like 12 people tell me not to use them... Thats good enough for me...

drem312

Petty Officer 1st Class

yep just checked ebasicpower and they have osco set for like 534 with shipping thanks ,,,,