12' Sears fiberglass Gamefisher

bLaZe0023

Cadet
This is my first time ever attempting anything like this sooooo I'm pretty sure i'll need u guyz.
Ok, first off i got this from a coworker when i traded a 12' Sears Gamefisher flatbottom 1232 for this gem. Mainly because it was alot wider and more stable than than 31" flatbottom. It had been laying upside down for many years so there was alot of weather and sun wear on the bottom but LUCKILY his father glassed over the entire bottom (not too good i might add) and it seems as if that layer took all of the abuse. So as u can see from the pictures i am posting, as i peel off the layer he put on it almost looks like a new hull except for a couple good cracks and holes haha. BUT! i just got started on it today. Peeled and sanded from 10 am till 1:30 PM and dam im tired and itchy! Wish me luck guys and please be on stand by im gonna need ya!

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 0
  • 2 (2).jpg
    2 (2).jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 0
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 12' Sears fiberglass Gamefisher

Ayuh,... Welcome Aboard,...

Is that hull a Fiberglass or Plastic hull,..??

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Welcome to iboats.

Yes, itchy!!! Get a tyvek painter's suit..... lightweight and cheap. Very worthwhile protection.

We have had a few Gamefisher projects here so if you do a search you will be pleased.

Bond-o..... fiberglass ;)

Read up about fiberglassing and you will see there are a few different types of polyester resins ...... usually the over the counter small can (aka bondo NO RELATION to above :)) contains wax.

bLaZe0023

Cadet

Welcome to iboats.

Yes, itchy!!! Get a tyvek painter's suit..... lightweight and cheap. Very worthwhile protection.

We have had a few Gamefisher projects here so if you do a search you will be pleased.

Bond-o..... fiberglass ;)

Read up about fiberglassing and you will see there are a few different types of polyester resins ...... usually the over the counter small can (aka bondo NO RELATION to above :)) contains wax.

If your refering to filling in the cracks with bondo, I grabbed a tube of Marine epoxy from lowes. so im filling with that then i will slap a strip of glass over it to be thorough!

bLaZe0023

Cadet

If your refering to filling in the cracks with bondo, I grabbed a tube of Marine epoxy from lowes. so im filling with that then i will slap a strip of glass over it to be thorough!

Nevermind i mis understood your post. Sorry ...