1972 65 hp ?'s

mobowhntr

Recruit
Couple of questions about this motor I figured you guys could help with. The high and low speed adjustment was unhooked on my motor when I got it and was wondering if I need it and where can I get a diagram of the parts for it? I have a cracked coil, is this a big deal as long as it still fires? I also read on here about unhooking the thermal part of the chock and was needing the info. for that. Thanks Michael

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1972 65 hp ?'s

Take a look at the Top Secret file at the beginning of this forum.

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral
Re: 1972 65 hp ?'s

Your high speed jets are actualy fixed orifices, so there is no adjustment for them. There is a linkage system that aloows you to adjust the low speed needles simultaneously.

If the parts are missing from the motor, you can go to www.shop.evinrude,com to get the part numbers for what you will need. The parts explosion and part name/part number listing can be found by going to "parts, evinrude, 1972, 66272S, intake manifold."

You may find that a couple of he parts are NLA items. That being the case, EBay or the local outboard mechanic's junk motor pile may be a good source. You will probaly also find that the carburetor/intake parts on the '73 OMC 65hp motors to be compatible. There may be others, as well.