Mercury Engine with Yahama Gauges

j-bizzie123

Cadet
Hello,

I have a 2002 Mercury 115HP EFI Saltwater Outboard. I was told the head is an Yahama Engine because Mercury didn't build their on 4 strokes. The digital multifunctional gauge and gas gauge are Yahama. Now, I was also told the electrical component is Mercury and the installer just knew which Mercury eletrical harness wires and Yahama Gauge wires went together.

Everything works and the was told don't ix it if it ain't broken, but would this pose any problems to sensors are other aspects? Would be be easy and relavitely cheap to intall Mercury gauges?

Thanks,

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Mercury Engine with Yahama Gauges

Everything works and the was told don't ix it if it ain't broken, but would this pose any problems to sensors are other aspects?

Naw, it shouldn't bother a thing....

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral
Re: Mercury Engine with Yahama Gauges

Gauges for the most part don't care what they are hooked to, you could use marine gauges on a car or an airplane provided they are within the proper range of what you want to read and are hooked up properly. Also the only gauge that could effect other things is the volt meter since it is hooked into the electrical system itself, the oil pressure,water temperature and Tach are normally independent of each other and all other systems so they shouldn't hurt anything at all.