Little help on determining counter rotation

bignefan

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I have twin 1999 J175pxees motors on my boat.I'm getting ready to replace the pumps.Shouldn't one of these motor have a cx in the model # for counter rotation? If looking at ther props one is clearly a left and right.I didn't buy this boat new and had one pump replace last season and I want to start off with 2 new ones .The mechenic that replace it said it had the wrong pump on it ,that it needed a high output one.There's a huge difference in the pressure in the streams and on gauge.The part # are the same but just cofused on the model #'s.Any thoughts guys

SparkieBoat

Captain
Re: Little help on determining counter rotation

impeller is the same. if the prop blades are opposite one another then you have a counter rotating gear case on one. the letter for counter rotating is a C it should be after the HP numbers and before the length letter..example J175PCXEES it is possible that some one put a counter rotating gearcase on a standard rotating engine, which would make it a counter rotating engine with a standard rotating model number.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Both motors turn the same. The pumps are the same. The high pressure pump is 5001595. They probably used the 5001594 pumps before which are OK but we like the 1595s better.

bignefan

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Hey thanks guys ,so safe to say these motors are probably not the original motors on the boat.I will get the 1595's better is better

bignefan

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Dhadley
I just triied looked up that part number I don't think that is for a 1999 it says for 2000,2001,2002 models.Am I misunderstanding or misreading something .The one I found is part#0435929 is this high output?

boobie

Supreme Mariner

I just looked up the part # for yours and it calls for a 5001594. What's the difference between 1594 and 1595 ???

boobie

Supreme Mariner

I looked again and found the 435929 . Is the model # you posted the exact correct one?

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

The 1594 is the newest number for the "standard" pump which has been used for many years. The 1595 pump has a slightly higher pressure and was made for the split line gearcase motors. We use the 1595 pumps almost exclusively. Either will work well in this case but we'd opt for the 5001595 kit. There are several reasons that you may be seeing a slightly lower pressure from one motor to the twin but if it showed up right after a pump replacement it may be because someone used 2 different pumps. Yes, there are other causes but the pumps were brought up in the question.