Glasstream Bass Boat holes in deck??

wgt500

Cadet
I just bought an old, (1986) Glasstream 140 Bass Boat to restore. There are 1/2" holes drilled around the outside of the deck, (carpeted areas) and in various other locations including around the gas tank. Does anyone know if this was done by the factory for water drainage, or if someone just went nuts with a drill?? Thanks for any help!!

wgt500

Cadet
Re: Glasstream Bass Boat holes in deck??

No, there is no foam where the holes are drilled. Any water would be able to run beside the stringers and have a clear path to the rear of the boat.

Cadwelder

Lieutenant Commander

I can't imagine what the holes are for.....since there is no foam, but 1/2" holes are not large enough to be foam holes anyway. Glasstream is still in business, heck I'd shoot them an email or give them a call...couldn't hurt.

tindall22271

Recruit

i got an 85 glasstream stinger 140 w/-50hp yamaha and dont have such holes,i have had to make a few adjustments ,to get to the bow/stern hooks so that i could replace em, but thats it.they are tough boats very lite and fast,iwant a bigger motor,rated for 65hp,i want 90-115hp

Cadwelder

Lieutenant Commander

i got an 85 glasstream stinger 140 w/-50hp yamaha and dont have such holes,i have had to make a few adjustments ,to get to the bow/stern hooks so that i could replace em, but thats it.they are tough boats very lite and fast,iwant a bigger motor,rated for 65hp,i want 90-115hp

If it's rated for a 65 why are you wanting 90 - 115? (Sorry, I know this doesn't pertain to the original post)