1997 Bayliner Ciera 2655

BSnB

Petty Officer 1st Class
I'm considering moving up to a small cruiser to weekend on. I've got a line on a 1997 Bayliner Sun Bridge Ciera 2655 that has not seen water in about 8 years. The boat looks to be in good shape. 5.7 Mercruiser...hours unknown. Any problems I can anticipate?

Wingnutt

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1997 Bayliner Ciera 2655

Although time out of the water and/or in storage keeps a boat looking pretty, it is rough on a boat's systems. You can count on, at a minimum, rebuilding the carb, replacing the fuel pump, filter and related hoses, cleaning out the fuel tank, recommissioning the potable water tank and lines, rebuilding the pump on the head and mucking out the black water tank. Also don't be to surprised if the power steering hoses area bit leaky, or the PS pump and steering cylinder need new seals. Speaking of new seals, check the tilt & trim along with the trim tab cylinders for leakage...hoses too

Also look for rodent and insect nests in any cozy places that might contain wiring. For some reason mice seem to love the taste of insulation.

Sounds like getting a complete survey might be money well spent if you are serious about the boat.