95 Tahoe Electrical Issues ?

korygrandy

Senior Chief Petty Officer
So I've been having intermittent heater issues since I bought the truck last spring. Finally the heater made a nice dieing noise and then I smelled burnt wires. No more heater. Then the same day I notice a quick flash of a light in the upper left of the dash. I thought it said check breaks but it says Check Gauges, while simultaneously the oil pressure gauge will be sitting at 0, and then with a stomp of the gas gets back to normal. Each time I come to a stop and get going the oil gauge will drop to 0 and bounce back to normal pressure as I accelerate.

Then when I went into the car wash the wipers started going on there own. They stopped for a bit and then started going again in intermittent fashion. I reemed on the wiper lever and it seemed to fis the issue.

Does anyone know if these 3 issues just a coincidence or are these symptoms all due to the same problem and what this problem may be?

BuzzStPoint

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: 95 Tahoe Electrical Issues ?

They could all be tied in one.. Sounds like you have one heck of a short going on.

Is there an after market radio in there? Or Remote start? Might start by pulling the radio and/or the dash panel to inspect the wiring for alterations or burning.

The oil pressure could be with it, but just to be on the safe side, I would test the oil pressure in the truck. Double check the easy one.. Is the oil up to the proper level?

Autotech

Petty Officer 1st Class

KoryG
Did the Heater Fan motor quit on the no heat problem? Hot wire the fan motor to see if it works: If that works, GM was notorious for the fan switch going bad on that model. The oil pressure problem is probably and o-ring on the oil pickup tube: on 5.7's that is another common problem on that engine. Yes, they also had a recall on wiper motors. Circuit Board on wiper motor cracks and causes intermittent malfunction. This is just a quick off the top of head recall but I have also replaced some heater actuator motors that control blend doors on heater box. In case the fan motor is blowing on all speed positions. hope this helps..

korygrandy

Hey thanks Autotech. As I have a spare Silverado I've been driving the 5.3l and haven't had time to dig into the 350. I definitely need to get it figured out before mid April so I can have trouble free towing.

dolluper

Captain

Sounds like ground issues your dash is grounded by your door switches.....wipers are grounded by the mounting bolts,you will find a diode in your power plug connector for wipers...it/s inside the connector ifin you have delay wiper option.....also check connector on oil sending unit....does your dome light work if not go right to the door switches

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

There are TSB's and recalls for the wiper's, grounds, and MANY other items. You need someone with an alldata account to open them all up.

korygrandy

^^Great Information, thank you Bob! For now it's been parked. With this ARCTIC COLD we've been having I have lost motivation to touch anything metal:eek:

Went to work with -10, warmed up to 10, currently -2. Frostbite weather with the wind chill and no fun that's for sure. On the bright side, the bright side is getting longer! :cool:

I will get on that alldata.

There are TSB's and recalls for the wiper's, grounds, and MANY other items. You need someone with an alldata account to open them all up.