How many yards of viynl to reupholster a 1986 bayliner capri?

SHARKINI

Recruit
I've done some rough calculations and if I reupholstered all in one color... I think I need about 15-17 yards am I way off that seems like alot.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Re: How many yards of viynl to reupholster a 1986 bayliner capri?

There are a lot of various seating configurations and trim. If you have back to backs and the standard up front seats then I would say about 14 yards if it is 50 inches wide. I just did three Ranger Bass Boat seats and got my vinyl here. I really liked it and the price was right too! Check out my thread for some videos of how to sew your upholstery.

http://www.fabricdirect.com/acatalog/Marine-Grade-Vinyl.html

oops!

Supreme Mariner

you need a ton...but i think you are about right...

i just did mine in four colors......and it took more than i thought.

Cadwelder

Lieutenant Commander

I'm terrible at upholstery so I have a guy that does all of them for me, but everytime I figure the material I'm always short... I've used as much as 20 yards on several boats...it goes quick. I really envy woodonglass, I've tried several times to sew myself and it always looks like crap, so I let a pro do the seats....I do the rest. Your 15 - 17 doesn't sound off to me..

sschefer

Rear Admiral

No matter how much you order it will always be too much until your start and then it will never be enough. LOL... 15-17 sounds about right. Just add 2 yards to whatever your estimate is and you should be O.K.