2 motors, 1 battery

Streamfixer

Cadet
I am considering running my 2003 F115 and 2005 T8 (electric start/tilt) off one battery. I seldom run both motors more than 5 minutes (warm up after starting) at the same time.

Is this going to hurt anything? If so, recommendations for switching would be appreciated.

Thank you

StreamFixer

brntrt

Cadet
Re: 2 motors, 1 battery

I am considering running my 2003 F115 and 2005 T8 (electric start/tilt) off one battery. I seldom run both motors more than 5 minutes (warm up after starting) at the same time.

Is this going to hurt anything? If so, recommendations for switching would be appreciated.

Thank you

StreamFixer

StreamFixer, I would not chance running both motors at the same time on one battery. And with out a very complicated diode switch system I don't know how it would work. I would just use one battery for each motor and install a battery selection switch. This way you could allways keep one battery in reserve if you need to start the big motor. Or you can charge both batteries from the smaller motor if you are trolling, or run all the electronics off of one battery, then switch it to both batteries on the trip back to the dock and recharge that bettery. Many more choices with two batteries and a switch. That is the combo I use in my boat out here on the west coast trolling for salmon all day.I hope that helps in some way:)