handleing a big YAMAHA

pine island fred

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Expect a motor to be delivered to me in the next few days. I can not look at it as it is on an island and will be fork lifted into a SKIFF. Only info I have on it or need right now is a sale broceur that says it weighs 540 lbs. A 50 is the biggest I have ever handled and dont know what to expect. Motor is a 2 stroke 250 HPDI. Does anyone know if there are built in fitting on the block or do I need any special tooling? Will be lifting it out of the boat with a davet and leaving it hang until I can build a stand. In the back of my mind I picture that video which I am sure you all have seen. Is the one where a big ship drops an anchor on a small tender or tug. Any advice would be appreciated.
While I am here, would appreciate any opinions. Is the 3 rd. power head from YAMAHA and keeps blowing the same piston. This one has about 50 hrs. on it. Am thinking when the power heads are swapped, everything is moved to the new block without investigating what caused the problem in the first place. If I do get to the point that I can put it back together, I do intend to have the injectors cleaned for the people. Anyone with any insight?? regards FRED