cheap place for stainless hardware such as tree nuts?

stackz88

Cadet
these:

yHUz3MwjTq4WCdxNtDJiLFaWPIGutCxgaJyIILlw6g-xxFEtJRhajGk5Eg6Q9sb11vi2Z1Ge74mcRv7zD2tZPflhlXz5goNqP-QiUiR04coU0-N1m5gsi3LhSB3QzOiBJGdACGh4UpgZkObFNFDdxPoURN_QDYhx4YE1T3I6ZcU11O-7gHK8WULqd3TSsViFGT33SWS7Teec3EW8yapH4DU_KPceHmp47Od1LNSwknfeLvlNVv14gwqpm9NUtkTGTwLlzcR_DcII1zx4Sg43La1sXCwFv6Z-MueYc5ja20k

stainless hardware is KILLING me lol. stupid tree nuts are $2/each...12 of them along with 1" screws and regular nuts cost me $30 at west marine today eesh.

got to be a place online that sells true stainless hardware that wont rust in two years for cheaper than this...hell, west marine was actually cheaper than lowe's.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral
Re: cheap place for stainless hardware such as tree nuts?

Sometimes Ace hardware has a bunch of stainless hardware..
I also have a local Fastenal dealer that is priced ok..

dsiekman

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Ahhh, you mean T nuts. I was wondering why there was a post about walnuts in this section. Hehe. Just kidding. Anyway, yes, there has to be a less expensive option. I've had luck at the local True Value. Expensive, yes. As expensive as West Marine, no. To avoid early rusting, just figure out what the exact spec (alloy #) is you are looking for and do a search. Higher grades are most likely going to be a little more expensive and more difficult to find. My guess is that most of what is sold, even at West Marine, is likely 304, not 316.

Stackz,

An inexpensive place for SS hardware that I have used is here. I don't remember if they have screws, nuts, etc. but their other deck hardware and such is nice.

stackz88

Cadet

Stackz,

An inexpensive place for SS hardware that I have used is here. I don't remember if they have screws, nuts, etc. but their other deck hardware and such is nice.

oh! that doesnt work for the nuts/bolts for me but definitely works for the other stuff I'll be needing next and at half the price mmm. thanks!

DuckHunterJon

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Grainger or McMaster Carr will beat everyone. You may have to buy in bulk lots, but it's worth it.

j_k_bisson

Lieutenant Junior Grade

The place I use for all my stainless is Tradesman fastener here in Rochester, MI. Check them out, they are very accomidating and have the largest selection of harware that I found anywhere. Give them a call. Ask for Rob, he's the owner operator. He is always looking for buisness. Their proces are very reasonable. I find it most of the time cheaper to buy a box of 50 than 10-25pcs. But he will sell the quanty you want.

Moody Blue

Captain

Oh man, that is crazy expensive.

Got to try McMaster Carr. They have EVERYTHING and always in stock and cheap. Shipping is FAST and very reasonable. Make a list and get everything at one place.

Here you go

http://www.mcmaster.com/#tee-nuts/=arhesq

10 pieces of SS 1/4-20 T-nuts for $6.00

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Finally had to read this thread because I couldn't figure out what the heck a tree nut would be in SS. I wonder how many helpers ignored this thread because of a simple spelling mistake and lack of edit.

ajgraz

Lieutenant Commander

Locally, Ace or True Value for me. Online, NOONE can beat www.boltdepot.com for stainless hardware. You can even buy individual bolts, nuts, washers, t-nuts, screws, lags, all that stuff.

NYBo

Admiral

Lowes carries them.

PiratePast40

Lieutenant Commander

Locally, Ace or True Value for me. Online, NOONE can beat www.boltdepot.com for stainless hardware. You can even buy individual bolts, nuts, washers, t-nuts, screws, lags, all that stuff.
Good link - thanks. I was looking for replacement windshield hold down bolts and they have "elevator bolts" that look like they'll do the job.

AJGeorge

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have used Boltdepot.com several times. They ship very fast and there prices are good.