River Convoy

riversrme

Seaman Apprentice
Bring your boat to Louisville this June and take a two day trip on the Ohio River with seasoned river boaters. This is a great opportunity for those who have not experienced the beauty of the river and would like to do so in the company of those who know it well. No costs, no sign-up, just join us. For details go to:
http://www.riverlorian.com/riverconvoy.htm

Dick Sorensen

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: River Convoy

Great Minds riversrme....The Columbus Sail and Power Squadron has planned a cruise on the same weekend. Cincy to Madison on Friday. On to Louisville Saturday with a return to Madison that night. This cruise last year had 13 boats going to Pittsburgh so it's safe to assume we will have at least 10 this year....We are all great fans (and followers) of your advice...... perhaps we can meet for a 'gam' along the way....we will be heading north Sunday am....anyway, great idea and I am sure you're going to have a great turnout!

riversrme

Seaman Apprentice

Great Minds riversrme....The Columbus Sail and Power Squadron has planned a cruise on the same weekend. Cincy to Madison on Friday. On to Louisville Saturday with a return to Madison that night. This cruise last year had 13 boats going to Pittsburgh so it's safe to assume we will have at least 10 this year....We are all great fans (and followers) of your advice...... perhaps we can meet for a 'gam' along the way....we will be heading north Sunday am....anyway, great idea and I am sure you're going to have a great turnout!

****, it would be great for the two convoys to meet up and it sounds like we could make that happen, given the schedules. Please email me at iwahay@insightbb.com so that we can work out the details.

badkins50

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Sounds like it would be a fun time and I'd love to join but we just had a baby boy and he would only be 6 months old and could end up being a disaster. Mabye next year though for sure. Have fun and I hope it turns out well for you.

tswiczko

Master Chief Petty Officer

Looks like a fine weekend outing.
I've made that run many times. I usually stop at Madison though and stay at the marina there. has showers and covered docks and fuel.

642mx

Lieutenant Commander

Sounds like fun. The weekend before this event, we are running from Evansville, IN to Barkley Lake... so we'll have to see how the cash flow goes after our Lake trip.

Any idea on what kind of boats will be going? I'm not "ricky-racer", but I can't run 25 mph with the tabs down all day either. :)

riversrme

Seaman Apprentice

Sounds like fun. The weekend before this event, we are running from Evansville, IN to Barkley Lake... so we'll have to see how the cash flow goes after our Lake trip.

Any idea on what kind of boats will be going? I'm not "ricky-racer", but I can't run 25 mph with the tabs down all day either. :)

I have gotten an idea of the kind of boats that will be in the convoy. Everything from jonboats to large cruisers. The response to the trip has been great. We do not expect to be in any big hurry on this convoy. We would rather run slow and enjoy the river. I also expect that the convoy will break up into groups of boats that travel about the same speed. Some boats must go fairly fast to stay on plane and away from "plow speed". I plan to cruise at about 15mph. This is the boat I will be using.

Attachments

• River Runner 5.JPG
    River Runner 5.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 0

642mx

Lieutenant Commander

I have gotten an idea of the kind of boats that will be in the convoy. Everything from jonboats to large cruisers. The response to the trip has been great. We do not expect to be in any big hurry on this convoy. We would rather run slow and enjoy the river. I also expect that the convoy will break up into groups of boats that travel about the same speed. Some boats must go fairly fast to stay on plane and away from "plow speed". I plan to cruise at about 15mph. This is the boat I will be using.

Hopefully some faster boats will make the trip. Personally I like to cruise about 45, anything much slower and I'm dragging too much hull to get any kind of fuel economy.

If any performance boats go, please let me know. I'll try to round some friends up with similiar boats for the trip.