Marine Boat sound system?HELP!!

Yamaha Speed

Seaman Apprentice
Okay Guys, I am in great need of some help. I just bought these:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...UxjsIPU%3D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I wanted to know if i needed a amp,and woofers? its only 14ft and don't need anything to loud? Please give me some input and help me out. SHould i purchase or not or if you have a Marine Sound system package you would perfer tell me please. I am not looking to spend more than 115dollars on this?

Thanks you,

Turner

flamron

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Marine Boat sound system?HELP!!

The head unit should power the speakers, but I wouldn't expect Bose sound. It'll likely get the job done, though.

Yamaha Speed

Seaman Apprentice

Okay,So i won't need an AMP? What does the amp and woofers do anyway?

barbosam

Petty Officer 2nd Class

no amp needed. an would be needed if you wanted to supply more power to the speakers than you head unit can provide. Your head unit supplies up to 50 amps per speaker and technically (based on the very basic info provided in your link) those speakers could handle up to 200 peak watts. But for most people the 50W is more than enough.

An amp would also be required if you wanted to install a subwoofer. A subwoofer provides better low frequency sound that smaller speakers cannot produce. Amps and subwoofers are not usually found on a 14' boat, they require a good amount of power and sometimes smaller engines don't produce enough output to keep the batteries charged.

I think that you'll be happy with the system you got there.

veritas honus

Lieutenant Commander

Install what you've got. You'll probably be very happy with it. You can get a descent quality VHF radio with the 115 you have left to spend. You'll also need an antenna and mount. Sounds like your having fun with the boat. Keep it up.

Yamaha Speed

Seaman Apprentice

Barbosam thanks for the help and the great definition. Yes I am having lots of fun with this boat. And being very safe at the same time. Thanks to all

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

I'm a little beyond the age of those that want lots of sound on the water.About 40 years.To me the best place for a marine sound system is in the store.lol
But I'm sure if I was 20 again I would be looking for a system.
Keep in mind sound carries over water and those on shore or boating close by may be trying to relax, talk,snooze, listen to nature. If you do a lot of rafting I'm sure your system may come in handy. Enjoy.

Yamaha Speed

Seaman Apprentice

Thank you. And yes i got tubing all the time with friends in wet suites or if the water is warm.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

Like the boat you have, the stereo you just bought is just enough to set the hook. Be prepared, its probably a good idea to begin saving money now for the next stereo upgrade.

Just sayin....