Scrap value for late 80s Mercury/Mariner midsections? damaged lower units?

MattinTally

Seaman
I have two old midsections from saltwater outboards - a 1987 35hp and a 1987 90hp. Both were saltwater motors and have some, but very little, corrosion. Most significant issue is some rusty bolt heads or rusty nuts. Both midsections has some very minor gouges from where I had to use a cutting wheel to remove the powerhead bolts (salt water rusted the nuts too bad to get them off with sockets - cutting was the only option). Both units COULD, with little trouble, be re-used... but I just doubt anyone would want to fool with them... but maybe I'm wrong. Since I assume[ these are made of aluminum, that I could turn them in for the scrap metal weight.

I also have the two junk lower units from these two outboards. One blew a hole thru the side after a gear sheered apart and the other had significant impact damage and is also broken beyone repair. But perhaps the drive shaft(s) have value?

Any advice on what I should do with these would be appreciated... wether its carry them to the curb, the scap yard, eBay, or Craigslist.

Thanks!

Mi duckdown

Commander
Re: Scrap value for late 80s Mercury/Mariner midsections? damaged lower units?

The drive shafts and prop shafts defenitely Have a value. since they are probably no longer available. Hey post pics of parts. someone here might be looking for them here. Can't hurt