boat rental/clubs in south florida

joerc211v

Recruit
Hey Guys, I'm working in South Fla for the rest of the year and would love to enjoy some boating. I used to have a Bayliner 1950 Capri and loved it. Because I'm only down here temporarily ownership is out of the question. I just wanted to know if anyone knows of a boat club or rental they recomend? I googled it and it seems like there are a bunch down here. Just wanted to see if anyone had any real expierence?
Joe

sasto

Captain
Re: boat rental/clubs in south florida

Hi Joe....Where in Florida will you be? If in my area you won't have much of a problem locating a boat.

lkbum

Chief Petty Officer
Re: boat rental/clubs in south florida

I've used these guys when in Marco Island and Naples. Nice boats and tru pro's, but they are a little pricey. http://www.marcoriver.com/rentalboats/rentals.htm

My brother used to do private rentals off of craigs list for a week or so at a time in the Ft Myers area. The owner would take him on a "check" ride. If they got along (fishing interest the same), it really worked out well. Once the relationship was established, he would just call to see if the boat was available. A couple of times, the he would just go out fishing with the owner.