89 force

osceola

Cadet
I have 89 Force 125 on A 89 Bayliner Trophy the problem im having is this. When i start the engine and put in forward just above idle, the engine will rattle or shake. But once you open it up it runs great. Wide open it runs about 5200 RPM and around 30 MPH. It idles good. Just when you raise the RPM up a little it will shake or rattle.

Thanks Osceola:D

foodfisher

Captain
Re: 89 force

Don't know how to guide you to previous posts, but they all say "the nature of the beast".

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

Re set the carbs.Check the reeds.Check compression/spark.Replace the fuel pump diaphragm.Top of the Force section is a thread for a linc and sinc from Frank A. Do the linc and sinc.
I've heard that some oputboards just won't accelerate good.Of it's set up right you shouldn't have a problem.Do these things and post the results.
My twin 88/85s idle and accellerate great.Jerry

osceola

Cadet

TO Justinde This is a help section for people trying to get a little help with thier boat or engine and not break the bank. We don't need smart *** people here. So grow up and act like an adult.

Osceola

Last edited:

osceola

Cadet

Thanks jerryjerry05 The spark is good. Compression is 132 ea cylinder cold.Will check the rest and get back with you.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

Fill out the profile you might be close to someone who can help.Jerry

RRitt

Captain

Thanks jerryjerry05 The spark is good. Compression is 132 ea cylinder cold.Will check the rest and get back with you.

my guess is that jerry is spot on with the carb synch. suggestion. It could also be one carb has more winter gas residue than the other.

osceola

Cadet

Today i decarbed the cylinders, rechecked timing, reset lingage and adjusted carbs. Its suppose to rain the next few days so i won,t be able to put it in the lake. When i do i'll let you know how it runs.

Osceola

osceola

Cadet

Today i had the boat on the lake and it ran good. I had a mechanic to check it out he said the compression was 145,145,152 and 90. Cleaned carbs and said needle jet had a slight ridge but was ok. The motor ran great. Thank to all of you for your help.

Osceola

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

That 90# on the bottom is gonna be a BIG problem.Try a decarb.Possibly remove the head and check for damage.It's only 30$ or so for the gasket.
Waiting too long can possibly cost a BUNCH.Too long and the cylinder and pistons can be shot.Jerry

osceola

Cadet

That 90# on the bottom is gonna be a BIG problem.Try a decarb.Possibly remove the head and check for damage.It's only 30$ or so for the gasket.
Waiting too long can possibly cost a BUNCH.Too long and the cylinder and pistons can be shot.Jerry

sorry im late getting back. Took the head off and looked at the bottom cyclinder. It had a couple of bad scratch marks in it. The cyclinder is going to have to be hone and oversize rings put in.