Easy and Frugel Access on our Bayliner Cuddy Cabin

maryacht

Recruit
Hi there,
We have purchased a 1981 Bayliner without a platform. I am looking for a ladder that we can use instead of installing a platform. I have attached a picture so you can see the transom.
Any idea's?
I would love a ladder that I can use in and out of the water. So I do not break a leg trying to jump out of the boat when we are on the trailer.
Thanks in advance for your advice!:facepalm::confused:

Attachments

• maryacht transom.jpg
    maryacht transom.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 0

maryacht

Recruit
Re: Easy and Frugel Access on our Bayliner Cuddy Cabin

Thank you! We will check that out.

Scorpion210

Seaman

Not sure the one above will work for you. These are men to lay flat when not in use. It has a depth of 14.5" in the closed postion. It also looks like you will have to be careful with any ladder and the way it sits in relation to your trim tabs. The tabs may cause a few scraped legs or feet depending how close the ladder sits to the transom

I have installed the above ladder on my swim platform and they are great for that purpose

Maybe a Hook style ladder would work better for this purpose. I have seen some that can be mounted or just hooked on and off. The mid ladder posts would help keep it away from the trim tabs

http://www4.shopping.com/Garelick-Garelick-Pontoon-Ladder-4-Step/info

dmoriarty51

Petty Officer 1st Class

So I do not break a leg trying to jump out of the boat when we are on the trailer.
Thanks in advance for your advice!:facepalm::confused:

do be careful, this actually happened to my dad last summer, when we went to test run the boat i bought.... i will be plastering non skid material all over the trailer steps and fenders before the water gets soft again.

dockwrecker

Lieutenant

I REALLY think you should reconsider just the ladder idea. The platform with a ladder would be so much safer getting in and out of the water with the outdrive and the tabs back there. Also you'll appreciate it when loading cooleers and such on or off the boat, it gives you a resting place and safe footing when handling large objects. JMHO.

Mohawkmtrs

Chief Petty Officer

I agree with Dockwrecker for the safety and convenience reasons.

Looking at the picture, it looks like there was a swim platform on it before.

proshadetree

Lieutenant Commander

Look on flea bay or at suppliers here. A platform in the back is hard to beat.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

I agree with DW a platform with a ladder is perfect for you unless its a cost thing which is completely understandable.

fat fanny

Lieutenant Commander

I agree with the swim platform installation for the safty issue and ease of access but I would consider installing a perminate ladder 1st possibly the individual rung type fastened to the transom. Be carefull of those trim tabs accident waiting to happen!!!!!!

kmarine

Chief Petty Officer

Try kendor marine aka greatlakes skipper on e bay . They have a ton of discontinued ladders and swim platforms. I saw a bayliner stock platform for a boat like yours there in november. They also had tons of different ladders and brackets. I recomend calling because only a small portion of their stock is listed online.

maryacht

Recruit

Thank you for all of your suggestions! We will look into getting a platform.
Happy Boating!