Atlanta Boat Show

i386

Captain
I was there yesterday. Had hoped to see an iBoats booth.

The show mostly comprised of pontoon boats and wakeboard boats. There were a few motor yachts and a handful of center console boats. The latter is the only thing I was interested in seeing.

On the way out I noticed Boston Whaler was there so we went to take a look. It was the first time I've ever seen one up close. I liked the 170 Montauk except for the rails. To me it looks like a floating hospital bed with those rails. Still, I know they are very well built boats. Wish they would have had a 190 to compare.

I'm looking for the perfect CC boat for us. Want something shallow running, fuel efficient and as big as I can find that I can stilll beach. Needs to hold me, her, and 2 big dogs comfortable. This puts us in the 17-19 foot range I think. I like T-Tops, but they are rare on boats in that price range. They're also an expensive option to add. I will probably have to settle for a bimini top. The boat will be used to explore Apalachicola bay, nearby islands, Apalachicola river, Dead Lakes, Wakulla river, Ochlockonee river, etc...