Unusual Boats......any pics of oddball boats you have seen ? add a brief description

fisherguy123

Petty Officer 1st Class
MWSnap770-1.jpg

saw this boat moored in a saltwater bay in Newfoundland.....made of about 5 old 200 gallon oil tanks welded together. Nice paint scheme with Jaws and all !!! Pretty good looking rig actually !

outdoorsman10

Seaman
Re: Unusual Boats......any pics of oddball boats you have seen ? add a brief descript

MWSnap770-1.jpg

saw this boat moored in a saltwater bay in Newfoundland.....made of about 5 old 200 gallon oil tanks welded together. Nice paint scheme with Jaws and all !!! Pretty good looking rig actually !

That's pretty cool!

NYBo

Admiral
Re: Unusual Boats......any pics of oddball boats you have seen ? add a brief descript

Oh, those goofy Newfies! (I can say that since my mother was a Newf, right?)

fisherguy123

Petty Officer 1st Class

we need some posts for this thread so I did some research and came up with some more unusual boats
MWSnap772.jpg
wooden ferrari boat

fisherguy123

Petty Officer 1st Class

Vietnamese basket boats
MWSnap771-1.jpg

fisherguy123

Petty Officer 1st Class

this is pretty self-explanetary
MWSnap777.jpg

fisherguy123

Petty Officer 1st Class

runabouts rigged with lights for "festival of lights boat show"in Peterborough , Ontario
MWSnap773.jpg

fisherguy123

Petty Officer 1st Class

converted airplane
MWSnap776.jpg

fisherguy123

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ahhh........I`ll have to sleep on this one ....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
MWSnap775.jpg

scoutabout

Lieutenant Commander

My uncle had one of these Amphicars in the sixties. He said it caused quite a stir when he arrived at the lake, headed down the ramp and into the water with hardly a pause. He was really proud of it although my mother said it made a lousy car on land and a poor boat on water...

amphicar01.jpg

QC

Supreme Mariner

Sorry for the size. I saw one of these at the LA Boat show maybe 25 years ago, and I think there was a Trailer Boats Mag article too. It's called a Boaterhome and could be used as an RV or a cruiser.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Boaterhome.jpg
    Boaterhome.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 0

lafishin

Recruit

I like the converted airplane the best. Thanks

lafishin

Recruit

sofa boat abu dhabi.jpg

sofa boat..

fisherguy123

Petty Officer 1st Class

MWSnap779.jpg

hydrofoil car boat which crossed the English Channel

fisherguy123

Petty Officer 1st Class

MWSnap778.jpg

ocean going peddleboat

CC245

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sarah+Outen+Departs+Indian+Ocean+Solo+Crossing+Xxb5kQPmNqrl

Solo Ocean row boat

halas

Petty Officer 1st Class

I saw this one at the dock. The owner said that he made it out of a jet ski. He was casting for trout in the mouth of the river from the little vessel.
boat.jpg