How to empty fresh and grey water tank on 86 Sea Ray Seville Midcabin

gilbugs

Cadet
I have no idea how to empty the toilet water (grey water) on my 86 Sea ray Seville Mid Cabin. The toilet looks like a port a pot and is a manual pump flush. There is a cap on the rail of the boat. Do I need to find a pump out station and suck it out?

Als the fresh water system has been winterized and I need to empty the fresh water tank as well.

JoLin

Vice Admiral
Re: How to empty fresh and grey water tank on 86 Sea Ray Seville Midcabin

I have no idea how to empty the toilet water (grey water) on my 86 Sea ray Seville Mid Cabin. The toilet looks like a port a pot and is a manual pump flush. There is a cap on the rail of the boat. Do I need to find a pump out station and suck it out?

Als the fresh water system has been winterized and I need to empty the fresh water tank as well.

The holding tank for the head is the 'black' water tank. Gray water refers to shower or sink, which typically drain overboard (holding tanks for them are becoming more common, however). That said... yes, if the head has a deck fitting, you need to take it to a pump-out station to empty it. Sounds like the toilet that's in my 24' Chris Craft... it's a small self-contained unit that holds only a couple of gallons of waste but requires a pump-out.

Is your boat on the hard? Easiest way to empty the fresh water tank is to disconnect the hose that runs from the tank to the water pump, and just let it drain into the bilge and out onto the ground. The inch of water left in the tank won't hurt anything.

My .02