Need a new forum???

Bubba1235

No longer on Forums
I've ran into a couple issues with where to post questions and I would like to suggest adding a new forum, one for "New Products & Ideas".

Just to give an example, I am working on a completely new "control/display/monitoring/entertainment" system to handle every thing on the boat. IE. Lights, Dash, engine control and monitoring, as well as other "surprises". Problem is, there isn't really a forum for anything that crosses over to all areas and my posts get locked or moved around. (Not saying moving them is wrong but I just don't know the best place to post.)

Open to any and all feedback.

Thanks!

1fishbone

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Need a new forum???

I mean no insult, I'm only commenting and mean no insult!

There seems to be a few categories for you:
Boat Topics and Questions (not engine topics)
Non-Repair Outboard Discussions
Mercruiser, OMC, Volvo & other I/O & Inboard Engines & Outdrives
Electrics, Electronics and Trolling Motors

I noticed there are only a few comment on your 'new project'...maybe the interest isn't there or specifically, "here" on this forum.

This has been available for boats for some time now.
Navigation/engine monitor, stereo, lights etc all from touch screen display.

Maybe there could be a category for New Projects/Ideas...I would like to see that, I've learned so much here.

And a good place for some of the talented people here to 'show off'!

lncoop

Vice Admiral

I'm down. We could call it Bubba's Corner.;) Seriously though, the only potential issue I can foresee is the tendency of some (not you) to use it to hawk their inventions. Don't think our hosts would take too kindly to that.

foodfisher

Captain

I like it. One idea whittled on by others could end up on a positive. Bubba's from Missouri, could title it "Show me".

Last edited: