Do they make a brace/nesting block to store the bimini top in the full down position?

movinon

Cadet
I store my pontoon on a covered lift. In order to raise the boat as high as possible, up under the cover, for maximum protection, I put the bimini top completely down. It ends up resting on the sundeck. I'm afraid this will cause staining or mildew to the sundeck upholstery, so I wedge hard rubber balls between the rail and the bimini posts. This keeps the bimini top elevated a few inches above the sundeck.
Do they make some type of strut/ nesting block that I could permanently attach to the pontoon rail that would allow the lowered bimini top post to rest on?
Tom

EGlideRider

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Do they make a brace/nesting block to store the bimini top in the full down posit

Yes. My best description is a 1 foot piece of square tubing with a 'U ( !___! )' welded on top. The bimini frame rests in this 'U'. It comes with a hinge that screws to the railing. You should be able to get a couple from any pontoon dealer.

movinon

Cadet
Re: Do they make a brace/nesting block to store the bimini top in the full down posit

Thanks. I'll shop around tomorrow for them.
Tom