Please stop

produceguy

Lieutenant Junior Grade
If your posting in China, PLEASE learn how to write in ENGLISH. :mad:
Since you can write your name ( banned ) in English, do so for your post.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Please stop

Since the moderators are banning 180+ a day it happens........ the spammer's outnumber us.

Just be patient and continue to report spam posts using the small black triangle in the lower left corner of the post.

Thank you.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

If your posting in China, PLEASE learn how to write in ENGLISH. :mad:
Since you can write your name ( banned ) in English, do so for your post.
Since we are complaining about writing in English, you might as well figure out when to use "your" or "you're". I will give you some credit. You did use it correctly once! :)

Bondo

Staff member

Since we are complaining about writing in English, you might as well figure out

Ayuh,.... How to use Punctuation, 'n Paragraphs......

Pop'n that "Enter" key once, 'n awhile, Really makes readin' yer posts, So much easier, especially for Us ole farts.....
Since the moderators are banning 180+ a day it happens........ the spammer's outnumber us.
And a pat on the back of all the Mod.s from myself, for doin' such a fine job of cleanin' up the Spam from all the forums, everyday, All day long.... ;)

I've been seein', 'n reporting alota Russian stuff lately....

Outsider

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Gosh, took 8 hours for the Grammar Police to show up. Ya just can't get good self-appointed expertise these days ... :facepalm:

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

Gosh, took 8 hours for the Grammar Police to show up. Ya just can't get good self-appointed expertise these days ... :facepalm:
It was a joke!

No sense of humor these days! :facepalm:

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Come on now! Don't you realize that the Grammar Police work the 2nd shift! They were all on time :D

iboats is working on a device that will automatically pull the drain plug on all of our spammer's :p

texasabil

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Just be patient and continue to report spam posts using the small black triangle in the lower left corner of the post.

Thank you.
Well just want to say thank you for what you guys do. I know I sell things on line and them spammers work fast!!!:D

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

iboats is working on a device that will automatically pull the drain plug on all of our spammer's :p
Too bad there isn't a good way of identifying them. I have a website that I have to have my email address on and I get spammed constantly.

texasabil

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yeah that's the way they do me. I put in my add local in person only. empty my in-box by noon ill have 200 emails in my in-box!!! had a guy asking me questions on day next thing I know I get a phone call letting me know I got my account hacked into!!!:(

PopsRacer

Seaman

Thank you.

Bob, FWIW, if you guys have IP Banning, adding some of the Asia Pacific Network Information Centre IP Ranges out of Bejing to the Ban list will dramatically reduce the amount of Spam posts.... From what I've seen, alot of them seem to fall in the 2xx. range, and alot from within the 222.0.0.0 - 222.255.255.255 block.

cribber

Lieutenant

Bond-o your reply cracked me up!!! The board I run for the Mrs for some reason is a magnet for Russian spammers for God only knows why. Most forum board software apps you have to ban by IP using the 1st two sections like this one 90.2.*.* and wildcard the last two. It's a pain but if you run a forum it's one of the nuisances that comes with the job.

PopsRacer

Seaman

Bond-o your reply cracked me up!!! The board I run for the Mrs for some reason is a magnet for Russian spammers for God only knows why. Most forum board software apps you have to ban by IP using the 1st two sections like this one 90.2.*.* and wildcard the last two. It's a pain but if you run a forum it's one of the nuisances that comes with the job.

I use alot of 90.*.*.* to take out larger blocks... www.iptools.com is a great free resource for looking them up and confirming the ranges.

produceguy

Lieutenant Junior Grade

bruceb58, You give me to much credit. I have never used you're.

AGENT 37

Petty Officer 1st Class

Grammar police again......Just cuz I wanted to do it too!

"bruceb58, You give me to much credit."
^
(too)

lncoop

Vice Admiral

I could have sworn ee cummings was dead, but he keeps popping up all over iboats! Could be a ghost. I'm skeert!:eek:

PopsRacer

Seaman

I could have sworn ee cummings was dead, but he keeps popping up all over iboats! Could be a ghost. I'm skeert!:eek:

It'll only get worse as more people are replying to posts from mobile devices while driving. :D

Tulips%26Chimneys.JPG