1989 Force Power trim clicking!!!

texasabil

Petty Officer 2nd Class
OK guys have one more problem thats got me stumped.the guy told my dad the trim motor was bad so I had a friend that had one. I installed it all I get is a click when i try to raise or lower.I can wire it to the bat and it works great can both relays be bad? thanks for the help!!! 1989 force 125 :confused:

texasabil

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1989 Force Power trim clicking!!!

OK i forgot to ask if one relay is will the both click i'm still waiting on my manual!!!! I have cleaned all connections!!!

Bustedknuckle84

Chief Petty Officer

if you wire it directly then friends wrong motor is fine. Going to be electrical problem for sure i say check the wires volts before the relays.

RRitt

Captain

OK i forgot to ask if one relay is will the both click i'm still waiting on my manual!!!! I have cleaned all connections!!!

relays are dirt cheap. good waterproof are $2ea in bulk. replace both relays and while you are in there check all terminals for a solid & corrosion free conection including the griund strap to engine block, the resettable circuit breaker, and the starter solenoid.

texasabil

Petty Officer 2nd Class

yeah I checked the hot going in to the relays but not getting no power out just clicks I cleaned all the connections and checked my grounds everything is good there.this is the one thing that stumps me every time and like you say i want to rule everything out before I buy 2 relays!!!:facepalm:

RRitt

Captain

yeah I checked the hot going in to the relays but not getting no power out just clicks I cleaned all the connections and checked my grounds everything is good there.this is the one thing that stumps me every time and like you say i want to rule everything out before I buy 2 relays!!!:facepalm:

have you spent $4 worth of time yet?
In the long run its easier to just
1) hot wire the motor to make sure it works
2) replace the relays
3) check wiring while putting in new relays

Bustedknuckle84

Chief Petty Officer

yeah sounds like bad relays man, you did the test and it failed if no current is coming out. considering how cheap they are i would just go ahead a replace them like advised above.

texasabil

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I got found a cpl im going to pick them up in the morning!!!