Lake Superior--Isle Royale

jhebert

Ensign
In late summer of 2010 we visited Isle Royale National Park in Lake Superior. I describe our 12-day trip in an illustrated narrative at

http://continuouswave.com/sail-logs/irnp2010/

There are over 130 color photographs, as well as details of the navigation, harbors, lodging, meals, and expenses. This may be good winter reading for Northern boaters.

Dick Sorensen

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Lake Superior--Isle Royale

Jherbert, just finished reviewing your trip. What a great experience. I have added Isle Royale to my Must Do list of cruising adventures. You have really outdone yourself.....your ability to gauge the weather, the skill to duck into a harbor (takes advance planning!) And even more important to have Chris put up with all of this (does she have a sister?) Wow. Thanks for the trip.....you even mentioned my favorite beer.....help me with the spelling......Lineagugel.....

jhebert

Ensign

I am glad you enjoyed reading about the trip to Isle Royale National Park.

The weather was unusual. I have been telling people that we had an average temperature of 70-degrees. We had four days of 90-degrees followed by four days of 50-degrees.

RotaryRacer

Lieutenant

Excellent report as always. I have read many of your previous reports and I can humbly admit that I long for the ability (time and finances) to be able to do many of the trips that you have been able to do.