195? Glastron??? New Project...

jeromemorse

Cadet
I picked up a very good condition 1957 to 1958 Glastron closed bow boat. I will have some pictures it her soon so someone can figure out what year it could be. I have never seen any boat like this one not even on the internet. There is no hull identification other than an after market one from Ohio DOM. It is 14' long. There is aftermarket seats in it so i will need to know what seats was in it. It came with a cool trailer that is an easy load (the kind that when you pull a pin the trailer still hooked to vehicle pivots on the axle and tips up to load or unload).As for right now all in need to replace is the seats and find/make a windshield for her. I am going to restore her. It also has a real good 1958 Johnson outboard 35hp Model # RDEL-19 C, Serial # 1775032. The motor has great compression along with spark. Anyone have any information on the motor would be helpful.

Thanks Bunches
Jerry

Fisherball

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 195? Glastron??? New Project...

If you ask motor questions in the Johnson/Evinrude forum you will get whatever info you want. Also you can maybe trace history of it using the Ohio DMV. If you live in Columbus, you can go to the ODNR offices off Morse Rd. & they'll gladly tell you any info they can find. Bring your title & registration with the hull number they assigned.