alaph1 removal

alilley

Petty Officer 1st Class
just a QUICK back ground here 88 sunchaser alpha1 3.0 got water into oil so i pulled head to inspect and sure enought both block and head was cracked. only thing is when i pulled the head off i disconnected the controls.

so now on with the question i am getting ready to pull motor and replace it. i got the service manual (selock 3200) for my boat and drive but have not had a chance to sit down and read all the way throught it but i do know that you are supos to put the out drive in foward gear to pull the outdrive off. since i didnt do this (not anticapating having to pull it) how do i shift it intofoward with out hooking overything back up?

Fishermark

Vice Admiral
Re: alaph1 removal

You can either tilt the outdrive up and manually turn the shift shaft into the forward position - which is straight ahead fore and aft.

OR

You can remove the lower unit first, this will allow the intermediate shift shaft to fall down out of the matching "shoe" and then the upper can be removed.

frank246

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: alaph1 removal

Or ..push the shiftcable that runs to the outdrive inwards to shift into forward gear.