cat fishing with jug lines

texasabil

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I live 5 miles from our towns lake i have always used trot lines.had some friends down this summer. he said they used jug lines.well im thinking about trying a few.looked on Google they didn't give much detail on how to make them does any one here sell them or will let me know how to make them thanks for the help happy fishing!!!!!:confused:

texasabil

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: cat fishing with jug lines

thanks a lot much appreciated!!!!

mommicked

Lieutenant Commander

a friend of mine has recently used "noodles" made of foam and brightly colored,sold as childs swimming aids and toys.they are about 3 or 4 foot long and pretty cheap and you can see them easily at night.they are easy to grab also.

lncoop

Vice Admiral

A Texan who is not well versed in jug fishing? For shame!:p I saw a neat looking setup a few weeks ago. A guy had made little floating pyramids with pvc pipe and fittings. I assume he just suspended yo-yos from them. He was selling them, but they looked easy and fun to make. Also, if you haven't already you should join this forum http://www.fishingtx.com/index.php. You'll get all sorts of good advice and probably a fishing partner of two if you're so inclined.

texasabil

Petty Officer 2nd Class

LOL no I have always used trot lines with perch goldfish and cured bull blood. 2 years ago and fished lake Amistad!!! we caught our limit every day:D and with my health problems i'm having i cant run trot-lines anymore. I have used drop-lines in the river just checking on the new style of jug fishing everyone is doing:D lol ladyfish:D

lncoop

Vice Admiral

I forgot to mention I've seen jug setups in the fishing department at Academy, so if you have one nearby you can go there to get outfitted or get an idea how to make them. There really are numerous catfishing forums that will tell you everything you need to know, though. Beyond Fishingtx.com, just google catfishing forums and you'll find all sorts of good stuff. Probably even ideas on noodling.;)

texasabil

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well found a friend of mine has some and he get the stuff to build them at a arts and craft store. lol didn't think of that but he catches a ton of fish so ill be going to see him later this month. I went to academy sports they had a few. I bought to get ideals from thank you found the cat fishing sites!!! I love them!!!:D and lot's of info:)

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Good deal. We'll be waiting for you to post up some pics of some big ol' flatheads. In the meantime I'll see if I can get Ladyfish to teach me how to noodle.;)