Weather forecast

eastont

Chief Petty Officer
So far twice this winter we have had a forecast for a few flurries. The first ended at 6" and now today the same forecast and so far it's about 6" and still coming down at a good rate.

Attachments

• Snow.jpg
    Snow.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 0

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Weather forecast

I just looked at the Montague, NY Radar on the NOAA weather and it looks like more lake effect snow headed at you.

Summer Fun

Banned

I still have no snow. :eek:

Every town around me got a lot of snow but nothing here so far. :)

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Yesterday Palmer, AK had the state high temperature of 49F. This is AK!!! In January!!! I'll trade you in a nanosecond. :)

AK Chappy

dockwrecker

Lieutenant

I'm on my fourth tank of gas on my snowblower. And it's only January. The ski resorts above me (20 mins. away) have well over 110" and more expected this weekend. 15" on the roof and that's only because most of it blew off. It was a balmy 20f today. My doggies love it, but I'm wearing thin. Where's global warming when you need it...

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Well the longer it stays out of our area the better !!! but I know our turn is coming !!!

fisherguy123

Petty Officer 1st Class

We had about 4 inches of snow yesterday and -1Deg Celcius.....firstbit that stayed. Usually we have about 3 ft on the ground by now....December was the warmest in this provinces history. My sonwho is a serious snowmobiler is fuming. As for me I hope this spells an early spring to start boating.

DayCruiser

Ensign

We had a White Christmas in SC. Well, it started snowing in the afternoon. All of December was frigid. Highs in the 30s and lows in the teens. Power bill was sickening. January is usually the coldest month. I really struggle mentally to get through January and February as many do. Trying to stay positive. I love snow and it helps when we get it or their is a chance of it. Spring usually shows up in March. I don't see how people stand any longer winters than this. If I could afford it I would move to South Fla.

sasto

Captain

If I could afford it I would move to South Fla.

Stop by sometime...bring some snow with you...I could have a blast throwing snowballs at the golf carts and bicycles while sittin' in my shorts and flip-flops.

DayCruiser

Ensign

Stop by sometime...bring some snow with you...I could have a blast throwing snowballs at the golf carts and bicycles while sittin' in my shorts and flip-flops.

You stink haha Just for that. No snow for you!

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

Would love to have more snow, but we need the moisture pretty badly here on the eastern slope of the Rockies. Weather Forecasting here is a crap shoot sometimes.....ok maybe most times.....I guess?

eastont

Chief Petty Officer

Well the longer it stays out of our area the better !!! but I know our turn is coming !!!

Isn't your area called the tropics of Ontario? You guys don't get much snow normally....do you? I have relatives in London and they have enough to do the whole winter.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Would love to have more snow, but we need the moisture pretty badly here on the eastern slope of the Rockies. Weather Forecasting here is a crap shoot sometimes.....ok maybe most times.....I guess?

Same around here with Lake Superior. The forecasters basically take a shot in the dark on what the weather will be. At least that's how it seems. The Lake does have an affect. What gets me is, the lake creates a bubble of "dry air" :confused: which can keep moisture away. I don't know how many times in the summer rain is headed our way, hits the lake air and splits and goes north and south of us, or, it just dissipates all together.

Strong north winds right now. Even tho we're about 40 miles as the crow flies from the lake, we are seeing snow. Very light tho..

eavega

Lieutenant

You can have the sittin around in shorts and flip-flops if you also keep the near-suicidal bad drivers and the stare-down-their-nose-at-you vacationing South Americans...

I'll take Georgia any time. 4 real seasons, not too much of any of them.

Rgds

sasto

Captain

4 real seasons, not too much of any of them.

Rgds

Oh yeh!...wanna bet.....4 seasons in Fl...(1) bug season..(2) tourist season..(3) hurricane season..(4)..my season..

Chris-R

Petty Officer 2nd Class

They said 5 inches of snow tonight. I'll believe it when I see it. They're always way off, either too high or too low.

texasabil

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My nephew lives in Kentucky they are getting some to!!!! I think its going to get cold here in Texas tomorrow night and a chance for sleet mixed with snow. well you guys be careful:)!!!!

DayCruiser

Ensign

Another 4 to 6 inches heading toward SC for Sunday night--the guessers say. I really don't believe it until I see it either

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Well I dealt with the clean up after the last snow fall, to include three roofs that will not slide on their own.

Now comes the cold snap!!!!!

P1000509.jpg

P1000508.jpg

puddle jumper

Captain

Rob your yard looks like when we were up in the puddle.

Down here this weekend there calling for SUN and more SUN Yaaaaaaaaaay.