locked again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
why do all my good post get locked the must have got locked too now. what wrong with that thread?? Ive seen threads with other 200 replies to it and mine gets cut off. Its a basic easy to answer question. What must have on your boat that you want? what do you want on your boat thats a must have for you? fish finder, VHF, Radio, food. whats so wrong with that post that it has to get locked?

1980Galaxy

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: locked again?

why do all my good post get locked the must have got locked too now. what wrong with that thread?? Ive seen threads with other 200 replies to it and mine gets cut off. Its a basic easy to answer question. What must have on your boat that you want? what do you want on your boat thats a must have for you? fish finder, VHF, Radio, food. whats so wrong with that post that it has to get locked?

Most of your posts are dumb (ex: anchor time, is it bad or illegal). They lack common sense. I think I see where you were trying to go with the 'must have' thread but the others are just rediculous. anchor time isnt locked yet but should be soon.

spdracr39

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Dude,
I have been reading these posts and watching people dump on you for your typing skills. I cringe every time they do it because its not cool. However I must say with no insult or ill intent that I can hardly understand what you just wrote. You MUST learn to communicate better or no one will ever take you seriously. Please get someone to help you learn to speak English clearly so we can understand what you are trying to say. :(

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

look at my comment to your "must have" question. If there is a flaw in each of your otherwise legitimate questions, it is the lack of detail. I don't care about grammar or typo's but you need to think about what you are asking. Would you walk up to a group of strangers and ask, "should I buy a pick-up truck?" and expect an answer, or more questions? Could you advise me if I asked, "should I go swimming today?" That is what you are doing here.

Boating is complicated and not one-size-fits-all. There are very few general statements that apply to all boats and boating situations. You need to give background and context, and read your question aloud to yourself before posting.

Tell us a little more about yourself. Even if you are 12, that's fine; we've had some good, but very young, boaters here and better to see a young boater who wants to learn.

15 jeez i can hand my self on the water just want some suggestions. ive bin on a little jon boat for long as i can remember with motor or not just with oars i grew up on that think all over the bay. and i just upgrade to 14' chrysler with a 50 hp motor big upgrade for me

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Moderators will edit or delete any posts in violation of the following, and may warn, issue infractions, suspend or permanently ban any member for serious or repeated violations.

1. This is a family site. The use of foul or insulting language or the posting of any material not judged suitable by the Moderator Team is forbidden.

2. Political, religious or socially controversial topics are not allowed.

3. Disagreements on any topic must be conducted in a polite manner using courteous language.

4. Attacks (bashing) on any person, organization, company or other entity will not be permitted.

5. Reporting experience with any vendor, website or organization must be limited to facts. Unqualified attacks will be considered bashing.

6. You may not use your first post in the forum to promote any personal enterprise or to advertise a business. Please remember that iboats is a retail vendor of marine products and do not post anything that would be detrimental to iboats' interests

7. Username, avatar or signature shall not contain business names, websites or personal info. Do not post your personal contact information such as Email address, home address, home phone numbers, etc. on the forums. If you must share that information with someone, use Private Messages.

8. You may not solicit any personal transaction (buy, sell, free, donate, etc.) in the forum. Personal transactions arranged completely by Private Message are not affected by this rule.

9. If you are suspended and reregister with a second screen name you will be permanently banned.

10. If you have questions, concerns, suggestions or complaints about the rules, management or moderation of this site please contact a moderator or iboats management for discussion. It is forbidden to debate these rules or their enforcement in the forum.

11. Do not post copyrighted material or request that anyone else violate copyright law.

12. Any posted photos or other graphics must be 640X480 or smaller, so as to not expand the page. Photo instructions may be found here http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=410147

13. Please do not post multiple threads in multiple forums about a single problem. This is confusing to those trying to help you. Multiple threads in the same forum about the same issue is also confusing. If you want help fast, one thread in one forum is the best way to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.