Help me find a manual for my motor

bnew17

Recruit
I hope this is an alright place to post this as i did not see a "sears" or "gamefisher" sub topic forum but anyways. My granddad...who passed away on Christmas day of 94 left behind a 1979 Gamefisher 5 hp motor. I recently just found it in his shed. Hasnt been used since he died but its in real good shape. I was hoping that someone on here would be able to help me find a online manual for it...perferably for free...one of the ones you can download or print off. The model number is 217.585430. Thank you

blimp

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Help me find a manual for my motor

gamefishers are a hard one. i had an 87 that was built by force. You'll have to lookup the model number to determine if its a force motor or a different manufacturer. I think they were made by eska, chrysler, and others as well...

I'll see if i can find a lookup site.

wilde1j

Vice Admiral

Try posting under
"Other Outboard Brands" ... you'll get better results there.

This is the Johnson Evinrude sub board.

blimp

Petty Officer 1st Class

i'm thinking its an eska, but don't quote me.

bnew17

Recruit

From what ive been able to find through research it is an Eska. I did find on the sears website where i can purchase parts but did not find a manual. Thanks for the information so far!

bnew17

Recruit

Thanks everybody for the replies,,even though i posted this in the wrong place. I live in a small town with only a few marine/boat mechanics. I took the motor by the place ive always used yesterday and they dont work on Game fishers...so it looks like im SOL because no body works on them apparantly.

M

mrcrabs

mrcrabs;

If you paid three times the amount for anything, you are the one that paid it, so don't blame the source.

They state that the average cost for a service manual is $30 and for someone who doesnt know where to look or deosn't have one, just how much is $30.

What really amazes me is when people say PM me for information. If the idea is to help the newcomers, why keep it secret?

Gerry

yes Gerry I paid three times for that seal and three times for a set of rings...but as you say this forum is to help newbies get it done...right? well people were being told to use the Eska for a anchor a year ago...basicaly because parts were hard to come by and expensive or non existent....that was not true for the most part and has changed.
This is America and we are free to shoppe and get the best deal, and were really good at fixing things, also we make the best products in the world.
We also are all bargin hunters and we will pass the word when we get taken atvantage of.

What really amazes me is when people say PM me for information. If the idea is to help the newcomers, why keep it secret?

its not a secret Gerry its physical limitation, did that ever cross your noodle???:confused:

end of edit...

carholme

Rear Admiral

mrcrabs;

If you paid three times the amount for anything, you are the one that paid it, so don't blame the source.

They state that the average cost for a service manual is $30 and for someone who doesnt know where to look or deosn't have one, just how much is $30.

Gerry

M

mrcrabs

my time is to valuble for your tude dude. Your dismissed Gerry :D

regards,
MRcrabs

carholme

Rear Admiral

mrcrabs;

Whatever that means, you are welcome!

Gerry

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

If its a Eska It uses a Tecumseh motor. A small engine shop may have parts and be willing to work on the power head.
Unfortunately there is a pump in the lower unit that likely needs replacement.
You may find a generic aftermarket manual at the library that covers many below 30 hp outboards.If you have a friend that is mechanically inclined you can probably change the pump.
If you check Ebay you may find a dvd with the manual on it.

M

mrcrabs

to keep top secret info out of the hands of those sneaky Canadians, ;)

carholme

Rear Admiral

For a guy who edited the post in question, you now seem to have a lot to say about it. The emoticons are not cutting it.

M

mrcrabs

I like to edit...makes me look good...I have no problem with what I say or do

go do another read...up Gerry

I also want to appolagise to the OP, I was tring to help you but Gerry didn't like it so you got high jacked,
but certified is your best bet, just get part no. and call...read this forum for lots of info and theres links to the online manuals around here someplace just look, you do not need a 30$ manual to work on this ouboard

M

mrcrabs

oh, I see this is just site promotion for black market manuals, notice the name Tradebit??? getting it free is ok with me I guess but paying for something someone else stole is not. call there posted phone number and ask if there paying seloc and others the copyright fee's per sale....