height of boat on trailer

proline220

Cadet
i have a 23 ft proline walkaround now and am looking at switching over to a 24-26ft crusier maybe a searay or chapperal, but i was wondering if anyone had a height for them on the trailer without a hard top or arch. it will be parked under a carport so there is limited clearance

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: height of boat on trailer

Welcome to iboats.

Wow that's a tough question since may trailer's carry boats very differently. Hopefully we have a member here who has a boat and can give you a good estimate.......... or you might be raising the carport up.

proline220

Cadet

doubt i will be rasing carport its built onto garage, stick built with shingle roof

proline220

Cadet

30x27 concrete slab, i have a mac computer, if i could figure out how to post pics i would show you

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

To post pictures hit the Reply button the Go Advanced...... there are options for posting photos but please note 640 x480 is the ideal size

Bondo

Staff member

if i could figure out how to post pics i would show you
Ayuh,... There's 3 threads pinned to the top of the Tech, non-boating forum, explaining picture posting....

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

Lets start with the height of the car port. It may be a giveaway.

26aftcab454

Lieutenant Commander

10ft 6in to top of windsheild--the bimini tops & light are a couple feet higher than that 12 or 13 feet.
1st trip on the trailer to a gas station broke off the vhs antenna+ DUHOO!

proline220

Cadet

IMG_0978.JPG
there we go, sorry, the problem is the pitch on the driveway, then when backing it in, once you get to the door the concrete jumps up a few inches so its not just a simple measure up from ground

dockwrecker

Lieutenant

My 23' midcabin is 9'-4" to the top of the windshield. No arch, bimini down. Cover on. 14" trailer tires. I'm betting you'll be 10-11' for boats of that size. remember the Federal limit of heght for a trailer is 13'-6" or you'll be banging your local overpass.

EJ42955

Seaman Apprentice

Hmmmm, enclosed, heated Boat Shack. Sounds good to me. ;)

Then, turn the carport into a screened-in patio to appease the better-half.
Your truck was built to be parked outside, anyway.

Good luck with that,
EJ

Wrencher

Cadet

My Grady White Trophy 259 is 10'2" to the top of the windshield and 12' even to the top of the hard top on the trailer.
DSC04259.JPG

PopsRacer

Seaman

View attachment 79728
there we go, sorry, the problem is the pitch on the driveway, then when backing it in, once you get to the door the concrete jumps up a few inches so its not just a simple measure up from ground

Just guessing that they'd be about 1' taller than your current boat, your current 23' is what about 9 '- 9'6" or so??.... From looking at your carport, the i-beam is straight rather than angled, it appears you might be have room to cut an arch into it up towards the house side if necessary.

proline220

Cadet

thanks for the ideas, i went out last night and measured a bunch of different points and the shortest point i found was 10'8" so i think i might be ok as long as i can find a boat without a top or an arch.

Popsracer- that is a detached garage

would love to be able to fit boat in garage but it is a 7ft door and there is 4 posts in the middle, it would be a very tight squeeze even with a 4wheeler or tractor to make turn into door, thats why i am going towards cruiser insted of bow rider

PopsRacer

Seaman

Ahhh... gotcha... I had my garage built with 8' doorways because my Armada barely clears 7'... Wifey is wanting to move now so I told her "Good Luck, we're gonna need another custom built house." :facepalm:

FWIW, depending on the GAWR of the front axle of your truck, Curt makes a really nice Front Hitch Receiver for most trucks that makes backing a boat into tight spaces a whole lot easier. Not saying that'll help you with this but it might help for something else, tricky boat ramps or something.

proline220

Cadet

i have a 06 dodge 2500 so it would work but the truck is a crew cab long bed, thats preatty hard to manuever around its self