1992 Mercury 135hp Black Max NO SPARK, Help!!! :)

Hey guys whats going on, so me and my big brother ended up buying a Center console today for 500 bucks with a nice mercury included. I have done some testing DVA on the for the trigger and stator while everything was still wired. We have a good idea about outboards we have been tinkering for years on other ones. Yet this one being a little bit of a challenge to us ANY HELP IS VERY WELL APPRECIATED, you know I am only 15 working on these things:confused:. If you have anything we can try or do to this motor just shoot a message or if you need more info just send a message I reply quick usually.

Also the serial # is 08117224

We don't have spark on all 6 cylinders, the packs look good I mean I find it hard to believe that both power packs on the outboard are bad.

Here is the readings we got:

Stator=
Blue wire: 28.9v
Blue/white: 30v
red: 28.1V
Red/white:28.5v

Pretty sure all these wires below are for the trigger.

Brown grounded to purple 1.8v
White grounded to brown 2.45v
purple grounded to white 1.6v

Yea man so any help guys would be great THANKS ALOT, I'm trying to be out on the ocean soon with my brother YA!!!

j_martin

Admiral
Re: 1992 Mercury 135hp Black Max NO SPARK, Help!!! :)

Is the kill switch in the up position?

If yes, then disconnect the black with yellow trace wires from both switchboxes (kill circiut). If you then have spark, then troubleshoot the kill circuit. Could be harness, ignition switch, kill switch, or tilt switch.

hope it helps
John