what kind of wood

im puting in a new deck what kind of ply wood should i get regular or pre****reated or just put epocky on it

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Re: what kind of wood

IMHO, ext. Grade plywood, properly prepared by coating with resin, applying mat and cloth with additional coats of resin (paying close attention to the edges) and then using Peanut Butter to Fillet the edges and then Tab the edges will yield a Deck/Sole (Boats don't have floors) that will last for more years than the owner cares to own the boat. That is, IF all instances of drilling or cutting into said deck is followed by sealing all areas with resin, mat and cloth to ensure no water intrusion. But like I said when I started, this is MY HUMBLE OPINION. My Preference is to use MDO Or HDO and follow the same procedures listed above. The resin used in this plywood is the same as Marine Grade so if water intrusion does occur you have a bit more protection AND your cost is approx. 30 to 40 % less than Marine Grade. You won't find this at Lowe's or HD. Quality Lumber Yards will have it or can Order it for you.

http://www.pacificwoodlaminates.com/...ywoodGuide.pdf

I'm just sayin...:D

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

My vote is for PT plywood from any source. Dry it well and coat it with poly resin and cloth on all sides, Fill in the weave with additonal coats of poly resin.

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

im puting in a new deck what kind of ply wood should i get regular or pre****reated or just put epocky on it

For deck...decking ? what deck ?

NO on the regular..No on Pre**** and no on epocky..

Yes on the pics :) .

The epoxy linkiny thing is WAY too much filler .. Dont do that please..

YD.

i have a 14' boat and it need one sheet of plywood not planning on spening a crazy amount on it its going to be coverd with carpet

biddle1950

Seaman Apprentice

bcx plywood has a b grade veneer on top, a c grade veneer on bottom, and an exterior grade glue. any lumberyard sells bcx for probably half the price of treated. treated will warp if not fastened often.imo if you coat everything in resin, whitewood plywood is fine. its probably what you took out and look at how long it lasted. just try to waterproof whatever you go with.

I did my floors in my 66 Tollycraft with CPES from the Rot Doctor. The stuff penatrates the plywood unlike anything. Even hardened some soft wood I found. The stuff is well worth the price.
http://www.rotdoctor.com/