Hoist lift question.....

dellsboater

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Will I have any problem putting a 2950 lb boat on a 3000lb hoist? I have read some post on other sites that suggest the limit of the lift can be exceeded by up to 50% with no problems....do not keep much in the boatso could see with gas may be in the 3200lb range....

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Re: Hoist lift question.....

That is pretty close to max. Why not get a stronger lift?

jeeperman

Lieutenant Commander

Will I have any problem putting a 2950 lb boat on a 3000lb hoist? I have read some post on other sites that suggest the limit of the lift can be exceeded by up to 50% with no problems....do not keep much in the boatso could see with gas may be in the 3200lb range....
Look at the other model offerings of your lift brand.
Some times the only change from one to the next higher capacity is a different gear ratio.
Or more, or bigger cables.

smclear

Chief Petty Officer

Have you investigated used lifts. In my area, Northern Indiana, most all the "pier shops" who sell lifts also have a selection of used ones as well.

When I traded my jet skis for a jet boat, the pier company bought my old jet ski lifts. They only gave me a $100. per lift but I didn't have to deal with selling them myself. Worth it in my opinion since I would have had to deal with pulling the lifts out to sell. They also sold me a used and reconditioned lift for the new jet boat at about 1/3 the cost of a new lift. Reconditioning included replacing all wood and cables.

Might be worth investigating.