Ebbtide seat vinyl question??

lizardking7750

Recruit
I have a 1988 Ebbtide mustang with red and white seats. I was wondering if there is a place I can just order new vinyl to reupholster the seats with. I don't want to have to buy separate pieces and cut them and sew them together. I haven't really had any luck finding sights that sell the whole seat cover. I was hoping yall could help me out. Thanks

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Ebbtide seat vinyl question??

Nope,... It don't work that way,... Try a local Upholstery Shop

Slip Away

Lieutenant

Ayuh..... you will not find exact match vinyl for a boat of that age and brand. You will have to select something close and re-do everything if you want it to match.

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

I'm an upholsterer...any decent upholstery shop will have a dozen vinyl sample books to match the color/grain of the seat. They can make you a replacement cover pretty cheap.

In fact, I have some books that specialize in older style grain vinyl and the samples are "pre-aged" (for lack of a better word) so they replacement seats more closely match the existing stuff.

Slip Away

Lieutenant

What about if you just have a 1" split at the seam on one seat on a 2005 boat? Would the whole seat have to be re done ? Or can it somehow be repaired ?