Week 16 of NFL

angus63

Captain
Giants fall apart again at the end of the season. As KiwiPhil would say "bunch of Sheilas"!
Blizzard had less impact on my Sunday.
Going to shovel for hours and vent some frustration. Be safe...

TilliamWe

Banned
Re: Week 16 of NFL

There were games on Yesterday? The week began and ended on Thursday with the Steelers' game, didn't it?
Here We Go Steelers Here We Go!

(But on the realistic side, the Stillers have lost 4 games this year, and every one of those teams is in the playoffs, 3 in their own conference. Not good!)

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Huge none show by the Giants in my opinion. The Kenmyfam household was not impressed.

scipper77

Commander

Go Bears :p

Jets coach was happy in the press conference after a loss when he learned that they were in the playoffs anyways. Or maybe there was a reporter there with open toed shoes on?:rolleyes:

This is going to be a phenomenal post season, I don't care what team you like, every team in the post season could make the super bowl and it wouldn't be a shocker (well except the Rams/Seahawks).

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Go Bears :p

Jets coach was happy in the press conference after a loss when he learned that they were in the playoffs anyways. Or maybe there was a reporter there with open toed shoes on?:rolleyes:

This is going to be a phenomenal post season, I don't care what team you like, every team in the post season could make the super bowl and it wouldn't be a shocker (well except the Rams/Seahawks).

Since the Bears have a lock on the division, do you think they will bench their top players for the last game thus almost ensuring a GB win and a spot in the playoffs? GB has to beat the Bears or they're out....

MIN_logo-80x90.gif

rockyrude

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Sorry, but I do believe haites (sp?) will have to freeze over before the bears hand anything to green bay for free.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Don't be sorry, I hope you're right...:)

MIN_logo-80x90.gif

dellsboater

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Won't the bears be playing for a bye?
Not that it matters, my season was over week two....yes diehard Vikes fan:mad:

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Possibly. Atl would have to lose their last 2, then they would be in a tie with the Bears if the Bears beat GB.. If Atl wins tonite I believe they clinch homefield...

Robbabob

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Sorry to say that Eli wasn't really there yesterday. Hard to even tell how good the Packers played... still no running game!

If the Packers actually show up for the game against the Bears, then they'll have a shot. The loss to Detroit is a prime example of not showing up.

I am looking forward to seeing a great game next week!

GO PACK GO!!!

dellsboater

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Possibly. Atl would have to lose their last 2, then they would be in a tie with the Bears if the Bears beat GB.. If Atl wins tonite I believe they clinch homefield...

But if the Bears win next week, then I believe they get the number 2 seed and a bye. Unless Phily wins out....

ajgraz

Lieutenant Commander

Chargers' postseason hopes over in no-show vs. Bungles.

So gotta fall back to the wife's team...

Da Bears

scipper77

Commander

Since the Bears have a lock on the division, do you think they will bench their top players for the last game thus almost ensuring a GB win and a spot in the playoffs? GB has to beat the Bears or they're out....

MIN_logo-80x90.gif

The Bears have there reasons to try and win.

Considering the quality of the opposition this year I'd say that the bears get 2 chances to win the first round of the playoffs. Either win next week and get a bye or lose next week and then potentially have to win in the first round of the playoffs. They better treat next weeks game like the first round of the playoffs since a win gets them to the second round!!

Another bit of motivation for Chicago is that if they win they will sweep the division for the season. I think I heard somewhere that that hasn't happened in the NFL since 1987 (but don't quote me on that, I'm probably wrong). Come to think of it I know it's wrong since New England had a perfect regular season a few years ago.

My prediction is that Green Bay will win next week. I (a Bears fan mind you) think that GB has a better team when healthy (Rodgers). Also GB has a lot more to play for and home field.

My Super bowl prediction..... not a clue?!?!

scipper77

Commander

But if the Bears win next week, then I believe they get the number 2 seed and a bye. Unless Phily wins out....

Chicago beat philly heads up so... If philly wins out and Chicago wins the tie goes to chicago. Basically if Philly looses tomorrow Chicago gets the bye and Has no reason to go all out. If Philly wins tomorrow chicago better bring there A-game to Green Bay.

dellsboater

Petty Officer 2nd Class

With Webb starting tommorrow, I think Chicago better be ready to play.

waterinthefuel

Commander

I find it funny how the Saints never come up in these discussions. The best game of the week will be played tonight.

Defending world champions against a very formidable Falcons for the NFC south title.

RGrew176

Commander

The surprise of week 16 IMO. The Detroit Lions win their 3rd game in a row. They win their 2nd road game in a row. This year a lot of negative streaks by the Lions have been ended. If they had not been robbed of a win in week one at Chicago who knows just how this season would have played out.

They are finally beginning to turn the corner. They are finally learning how to win. Heck, they might even contend for the championship again during my lifetime.

There is finally hope for the future. Go Lions.

dellsboater

Petty Officer 2nd Class

And they are doing it with a team effort, their QB is ever changing, but their defense is solid.....

aspeck

Staff member

Steelers won, Bears won, good week!

NO beat Falcons tonight, so there is more on the line for Atlanta and the Bears next week than first thought ... HMMMM.

Steelers need a win to make sure they get the first round bye and get a week off to get Troy healthy ... they need Palomalu on defense ... good defense with him, so-so defense without him.

Giants, well, they just folded and packed it in for the year. It has been pretty sad to see their lackluster play all year, I feel for you Giants fans.

I hear the NFL is trying to figure out how to postpone the Philly-Vikings game another day or two since Favre failed the concussion test today ... ummm, Philly needs another day to clean up the 8 inches of snow they recieved, how about that excuse?????;):p:D

PW2

Commander

No one is mentioning the juggernaut that is my Seattle Seahawks, and their inexorable march to the playoffs!
Win in St Louis and they are in with an impressive 7-9 record!

Who is going to be able to stop them, I ask???