Mirrorcraft and Lowe Boats about the same?

keninaz

Chief Petty Officer
I am looking at a couple of older boats to buy.
Which would you rate better or are they about the same in a 12-14' aluminum boat?

Silver Heels

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Mirrorcraft and Lowe Boats about the same?

I have and have had a couple mirrocrafts, previously a 14' and currently a 20'. To me, a mirrocraft is like a chevrolet, basic, solid, but nothing that really sets it apart from the other boats. I think they're about equal to lowe and starcraft (from what I've seen when looking at them) My 14' foot mirrocraft was a big 14 footer, wider and deeper than the 14' Lund, which I replaced it with, though the fit and finish of the Lund is much better. My only beef with the mirrocraft, is that (in my eye) it is not an "attractive" boat- boxy and angular compared to the curvier Lowe. Then again you may not care about that. Assuming your buying it used, buy the one that has been taken the best care of, all else being equal. Don't discount alumacraft either

5150abf

Vice Admiral
Re: Mirrorcraft and Lowe Boats about the same?

I would say the Lowe is more entry level and I have seen a couple posts with cracked welds so given a choice I would go with the Mirrorcraft, Starcraft is a really good choice too, they have always been a good boat.

Of coarse you can't beat a Lund and Sea-Nymph is a really good boat too, Blue finn, there are alot of different ones.

It really depends what you can find in your area, at one point there were probably 15 builders within 30 miles of where I live so we have a good choice of different boats here, not to many Lowes this far north though.

I currently have an'81 Sea-Nymph that is bullit proof, they built stuff right back then so don't be afraid to go a little older as long as it has been taken care of.