1999 Merc 2 Stroke w/No Spark

CMFish51

Recruit
A buddy referred me to this page, checked it out and it looks like a great wealth of information, so thanks and looking forward to this site!

What i got...1999 2 stroke 3 cylinder 40 HP Electric Start Mercury Tiller Outboard

Took the boat out sunday morning for a little duck hunt in the snow and rain. Motor ran like a champ. Got the boat back out wednesday mid morning to hunt the afternoon. Start engine, fires over on first crank...Went to give it a little gas and the throttle cables was frozen on the tiller arm....so the motor ran for a good 5 minutes while at low idle while we tried to heat up the throttle arm area with a propane heater. The motor just died...as it can happen when starting it in the cold. figured no issue and tried to get it fired back up. Couldnt get it to fire...Its getting plenty of gas as their was a slick on the water surface. We tried for a little bit and said the heck with it, not worth taking a chance so we packed up and went home. Got back up early thursday morning and the throttle cable worked fine...we left it in a heated garage and it must have thawed it out. Tried to get engine to fire in driveway and still couldn't get it to fire...

so...after that long winded explaination here is what i have done and think (mind you, i am not a gearhead by no means)
i double checked the kill switch but did not bypass it
have power to ingnition and starter, starter kicks up into flywheel
getting gas(always add fuel additive to all my gas[Seafoam])
getting power to 20 amp fuse and fuse is good
getting power to glass buss fuse and fuse is good
replaced and regapped sparkplugs
i am NOT getting any spark on plugs
i am NOT getting power to the coil packs

Heres where it gets good and i am thinking my issue is...
There are 5 wires leading out of the CDI box(CDI 1945279).The 2 yellow and 1 red wire are MELTED/fused together at the connections...so, I am wondering if my CDI box took a crap and something could have melted those connections??? I am confused on why/how this could have happened

so...any thoughts from ya guys? any way I can bench test the CDI box? i am just not sure if that is shot. dont want to buy a 130 dollar part for nothing....and also worried if this thing took a crap and sent 25000v through whatever and coulda done worse to other parts...

also - I tried looking for the wire connectors online and could not find anything. Curious if anybody has a link or a direction to head for these???

so...looking for some help/thoughts/what would you do kinda things???

thanks guys!