250 hp ox66 2001 turz (water in fuel tank from station)

bernieb

Petty Officer 1st Class
A Florida boat, and sat for the summer, stored, with a almost full tank of gas, and blue sta-bil stabelizer in the tank. Prior to start for the first time, I changed out the spin-on water/seperator filter, drained VST,and filled it with gas/oil, also drained sm fuel filter, and bowl. Engine ran fine on start up and shut it off after a few minutes. Went to the ramp to run engine and would not start, just like it was out of gas. Got home, pulled return fuel line from fuel rail going to VST and no gas or anything while cranking the engine. Pulled hose from top lp pump and almost pure water came out, while pumping the ball. Had 5 gallon of water in main tank. My question is ,can water get through the fine screening mesh thats on the bottom of the high pressure pump? can the water get inside the engine, and how to I get it out? Bernie

robert graham

Admiral
Re: 250 hp ox66 2001 turz (water in fuel tank from station)

Very similar story to my brother-in-laws F115 Yamaha in Florida, thinks maybe the grandson stuck garden hose in tank fill, but not really sure how all that water got in his 60 gallon plastic built-in tank. Bottom line, your entire fuel system is contaminated from the tank to the injectors, better just start by draining/pumping tank, clean all lines, filters, pumps and injectors. Water is bad for injectors, will need to be professionally cleaned, or replaced. It's a lot a darn trouble to deal with! Good Luck!