1990 25hp johnson 2 questions

ctrevis7

Seaman
Today i went out duck hunting and rode down rivers a little and i set up, then after hunting i went down river more and my motor all of a sudden Cut off, i tryed to crank it again and it fired up for 2 or 3 seconds andcut back off and wont stay cranked,What could be wrong?

2nd Question, while i was trying to crank my motor i accidently broke my cut off switch on the end of my tiller handle and now i cant get it to start at all,

Any help is apreciated, Thanks so much

Cofe

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1990 25hp johnson 2 questions

It sounds like you have a fuel delivery problem, could be plugged low speed jet, stuck float, or dirty carb.

The broken dead man/kill switch will need replaced. The broken switch has defaulted to off position.... Here is a pic of the tiller handle parts.

Attachments

• Tiller.jpg
    Tiller.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 0

ctrevis7

Seaman

Thanks so much, I just Cleaned and did a kit on my carb about 3 days ago, should i clean it again?

scanman

Petty Officer 1st Class

Make sure you blew it out really well. Tiny things in there can cause really big troubles. Also, you might be able to disconnect that dead man switch temporarily to get her to start for troubleshooting.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

The first thing I would do is see if the spark will jump an open 3/8" air gap. If not go for a prob in the kill switch wiring.