Is this a good deal?

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Re: Is this a good deal?

Does it run?Before you buy do a compression test.Then check the oil in the lower.
Will he take you for a ride.If so check the oil after the ride.
$1200 isin't a bad price if it runs good.J

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Great price if it checks out.

Cadwelder

Lieutenant Commander

Not a bad price like already said, if it runs, and idle in the driveway with a set of muffs isn't a good test. Put in on the water, grin and bare the cold. You'll be glad you did. I've more than one that would fire right up, in the driveway but under a load down the lake was a whole different story.

JBF 1962

Chief Petty Officer

Not a bad price like already said, if it runs, and idle in the driveway with a set of muffs isn't a good test. Put in on the water, grin and bare the cold. You'll be glad you did. I've more than one that would fire right up, in the driveway but under a load down the lake was a whole different story.

I strongly second that motion

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

LOL, all outbooards run awesome in the driveway :D

robert graham

Admiral

Looks like it's been used by a fairly serious fisherman, take it out on the river and do a good sea trial at all speeds, then you'll know more. If it runs good and has been well maintained seems like a nice rig for that money! And look at it this way, for $1200 you could afford to do a few things to the rig to update or upgrade it, like new water pump, trailer tires, whatever, and still have less than $2000 in it! Good Luck!