Need oil resevoir bracket for 5.7

aldfaa

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I have a 1996 5.7L that I am converting to a 4bbl with vortec heads. Due to the bolt spacing and angle the old oil resevoir bracket that mounts on the intake will no longer work. this is the resevoir for the outdrive. Looking on the parts sites I think I need a p/n 806650T but it is obsolete. Any ideas?

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Need oil resevoir bracket for 5.7

Make a mount and mount it on the transom. Location is not critical, just make it above the drive as it's gravity feed.

aldfaa

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I seen this bracket on ebay. Any ideas where it mounts to?

Also the old bracket for the pin connector is no longer correct, looks like this one would work, does it mount to the back of the cylinder head?

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,... The top picture braket mounts to the front of the portside head...
It'll also accept the fuelpump/ filter assembley....

The barket in the drawing mounts to the aft of the portside head...

Bondo

Staff member

Bondo, whats a "barket"

Ya, barket, braket, bracket,...

My single digit is wanderin'....

No news over at that Other forum,.... Things are lookin' pretty Dead over there....:rolleyes:

dvandsm64

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have a 1996 5.7L that I am converting to a 4bbl with vortec heads. Due to the bolt spacing and angle the old oil resevoir bracket that mounts on the intake will no longer work. this is the resevoir for the outdrive. Looking on the parts sites I think I need a p/n 806650T but it is obsolete. Any ideas?

hey let me know how the new power adders work. i wanted to do the same to my 1997 5.7liter 19 footer and was talked out of it.

littlebookworm

Chief Petty Officer

BT: Have a little sympathy for Bond-o. We're all getting older and our fingers and eyes don't work as well as they used to. Don't you remember? We guys weren't allowed to take typing when we were in school. That was just for the girls, who were going to be secretaries. That's why we can'd tyype or spellll! Hy

aldfaa

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks Pbuzz,
I put a order in, well see what happens.

Fun Times

Staff member

aldfaa

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Yep, Talked to Seaway and they didn't have it.

Does anyone even have this part on their boat or does it only exist as a drawing?

I might buy the relocation kit 806054A1 and just modify the brackets to work. I would rather have factory though.